Eleganza is a natural sweet red wine was produced by one of us, the winemaker Nicola Centonze, when he used to work for Alira winery in Romania. It’s one of the few sweet red wines currently available in the Romanian market.
Information: Eleganza (Alira)
- Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon – Merlot – Fetească neagră
- Vintage: 2014
- Producer: WineRo – Alira
- Region / Country: Dobrogea DOC, Romania
WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine©
- Clarity: clear
- Intensity: medium
- Colour: ruby
- Condition: clean
- Intensity: pronounced
- Aroma characteristics: dried and cooked cherry, dried violet, fig and dried fruit. Vanilla, toffee and chocolate.
- Development: fully developed
- Sweetness: sweet
- Acidity: medium
- Tannin: medium
- Alcohol: medium
- Body: medium
- Flavour intensity: medium (+)
- Flavour characteristics: dried and cooked fruit, toffee, almonds.
- Finish: medium (+)
- Quality level: very good
- Level of readiness for drinking/potential for ageing: can drink now, but suitable for further ageing.
For me, Eleganza is not just a word meaning something fancy or refined; it’s something that includes everything that I’d like to find in a premium wine. Eleganza represents my own taste, my simplicity and humbleness mixed with my arrogance and wine making pride, all together in a single glass of wine.
This wine was born from my experience, from my desire to create and redesign the concept of sweet wines while I was living in a foreign land, using a blend of varieties that were, at least some of them, new for me.
Inspired by the sweet wines of Salento and following the recioto method in the Romanian wine-producing context, I created the first sweet red wine from Romania, a blend of Fetească neagră, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon.
With Eleganza I leave my signature and a gift to the Romanian land that welcomed me and gave me the opportunity to create something unique.